Monday, August 10, 2009

New Update

Greetings from South Africa!

I just want to start by saying that we serve such an awesome God! It has been such a blessing and privilege to see God move across the globe. I have seen beauty that no picture could capture, I have witnessed poverty that no one should experience, I have been jumped on by a mob of African children, and I have seen God do things that I have only believed in faith could happen. The more that I see the more I realize my need for more of Gods presence and love completely flowing through my life. I must have more of Him. Without the love of God flowing in and though us it is impossible to see the change that is truly needed. He wants to see the world saved, healed, and set free and He is willing to give us His heart for the world.
1 Cor. 2:12
Now we have received, not the spirit of the world, but the Spirit who is from God, that we might know the things that have been freely given to us by God.

Our team is staying with a Pastor of a small church in a notorious neighborhood by the name of Parkwood. The house we are staying in is actually in a nice town, about a 20 min walk to the church. Our team lives in his guest house sharing 2 rooms and a bath. His family and church are so gracious and treat us so good. We have been doing a lot of evangelism in the church neighborhood, from open air preaching to just walking the area and talking to people. The culture here is so great though for this type of evangelism, because people are so relational. It is very easy to talk to most anyone and have a deep conversation with them. Our open air preaching sessions start with worship and this generally attracts a crowd and then there are several people that share. We are able then to pray with some individuals.

Since my last update we have seen a number of salvations and healings. I had the opportunity to preach along with a team-mate at a juvenile detention center, after I was done I presented opportunity to respond. The team prayed for a large number of the kids and out of 19 around 7 gave their hearts to the Lord and around 6 rededicated their lives!! We continue to see Muslims coming to the Lord. Around a week ago I grabbed a boy on the streets that was smoking a cigarette and very bluntly spoke to Him about repentance and accepting Jesus. I prayed for Him and God moved in His heart on the spot and He gave His life to the Lord. I thought he was just rededicating his life to the Lord, but to my surprise I found out that he actually used to be Muslim. Since that day he has been around our team and the church!!

If you are wondering about the food here let me just say that it is amazing! It is so cheep and so good. One of our outreach leaders was a professional cook for a nice hotel so we are so blessed. I think I have actually gained a little weight, and that is saying something for me! There are two dishes here that are specifically amazing and they are the (not spelled right) gatsby and a fatcook. A gatsby is like a sub for less then 10 dollars filled with french fries, sauteed onions, and some kind of meat of your choice and it is about the size from your elbow to the end of your fingers. A fatcook is like a donut filled with curry, trust me, it is really good! Oh and for dessert they have milk tarts... also good.

This past Saturday we experienced something really new... we went to the trains and preached all the way to our destination! We had full church on the trains! Worship, preaching... yeah...! It is still very new to us though and we are still figuring out the best way that we can operate in this ministry.

Church this Sunday was totally wild. We as a team were going to take over the whole service but even before we took over God was already speaking that He had something else in mind. After worship and offering the Pastor called those up who needed prayer for healing. There were some words of knowledge from someone on our team about specific healing as well. As they are praying I am around the front of the sanctuary when this lady completely started freaking out. She was spinning and could hardly be subdued, even by grown men. She nearly picked up my friend with one arm. They finally got her to the ground. She continued to kick and try to bite people, bending in positions that should not be possible at her age; her eyes looked like the eyes of an animal. We prayed over her and after about 10 mins the evil spirit left her. Right after that another woman went down, and then another, and then another. I have never seen anything like that before in person... I knew it happened, it just doesn’t happen everyday where I am from. We were holding people down casting out the demons while they kicked and fought to no avail. Our team is very diverse and some people on our team before yesterday thought that stuff was fake. Let me assure you that they have no doubts that what we witnessed was real. What a bonding experience, right? God is so powerful and awesome though, after those devils left those girls were free!

Please continue to pray for myself and the team as we continue into our final 5 weeks in Cape Town. Pray that we see more people won for the Lord then we have seen our entire trip in our final weeks. Pray that we would clearly hear the voice of God and walk in His guidance. Pray that we walk under an open Heaven and see God do ridiculously amazing things that result in a revival that sweeps this entire city!

I hope that you all are doing great! If you get a chance write me cause I would really love to continue to hear from everyone! Love you guys! God bless!

4 comments:

  1. Wow, Dustin, it's so good to hear what God is doing through you guys. It's seriously encouraging and exciting! Thanks for sharing and thanks for being willing to let Him move through you all. I will definitely be keeping you all in my prayers.

    As a random sidenote... Do they have Stoney Tangawizi soda there? Oh my goodness, I was addicted to that stuff in Kenya - it's delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is tremendously glorious, brother.
    I love the happenings.
    Continue to encourage and exhort the brothers and sisters! I must do the same, were all operating different parts of the body; some joints and tendons get to sleepin' but if the Spirit of the Living God comes upon one part of the body the nerve's response is felt all over.

    May His glory follow you, in Clarity.
    Yes, and Amen (are His promises. )

    Love.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is great!! Keep it up, I'm proud of you and am cheering you on!

    much love, David Windhorn

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dustin Hello friend:) It's amazing to hear about what the Lord is doing in South Africa and in your heart...such an encouragement! I pray that he continues to mold you and shape you to be more and more like Jesus everyday and that he fills you with joy incontainable. May the presence and glory of God remain on your face and flow over to every person you meet. Blessing and favor on you and your team in Christ Jesus

    With love in the Lord,
    Misty

    (btw the Lord led me to this scripture Romans 2:7 To those who by persistence in doing good seek glory, honor and immortality, he will give eternal life. (NIV) Maybe he wants you to share this verse with someone?

    ReplyDelete